https://www.amydelouise.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/delouise-logo-340x192.png 0 0 Amy DeLouise Producer/Director/Author https://www.amydelouise.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/delouise-logo-340x192.png Amy DeLouise Producer/Director/Author2013-05-14 13:46:092013-05-14 13:46:0910 Reasons to Hire a Pro for Your Next Photo or Video Shoot
- Results– A professional video producer or photographer is only as good as her last happy client. The focus is always on what will make your message most compelling, effective and memorable.
- Knowledge– Professionals need to know how to work with a wide range of technical tools and creative techniques. A professional keeps up with new developments in everything from lenses and cameras to font design and animation trends—all to know the best equipment and techniques to tell your story with impact.
- Releases—There are Rights of Privacy and Rights of Publicity to consider—among others—when doing a photo shoot, even when it is on your own company’s property. A professional photographer or video producer will know what releases are needed for your project.
- Liability— Professionals carry liability insurance to cover any property damage during your photo or video shoot.
- Gear — Professionals have the right equipment to get your job done, even if there are variables like a sunny day turning cloudy, or a sudden change of location (which may change the lighting and sound environment).
- Efficiency— Professionals are experienced at working in “real world” environments, and will know how to design the shoot for minimal disruption at your workplace or event.
- Budget – Professionals document the scope and cost of each job. They work to stay on budget and inform you immediately if a change will alter the price.
- Copyright— Professionals understand copyright law and how it impacts the use of images and music. Ignoring these laws can cost you much more than the price of your professional hire.
- Customer Focus— Professionals treat you, your staff, your vendors and your clients with courtesy and respect.
- Deadlines — Professionals meet deadlines.
Thanks to the American Society of Media Photographers website for inspiring this post with their great list.
© Amy DeLouise and Amy’s Brand Buzz, 2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Amy DeLouise and Amy’s Brand Buzz blog with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. Video content may be copyrighted by others and may not be used without written authorization. Seriously.